If you’re looking at buying a first home, or perhaps a first investment property, there are many hoops to jump through.
For those of you who have just started considering and becoming serious about purchasing, here are 11 questions that you should be looking at answering for yourself – including links to more helpful information.
1. WHAT TIME FRAME AM I LOOKING AT?
2. WHO SHOULD I SPEAK TO FOR ADVICE?
3. WHAT DEPOSIT DO I HAVE?
4. HOW MUCH CAN I BORROW?
5. HOW MUCH CAN I AFFORD?
6. WHAT TYPE OF PROPERTY AM I LOOKING AT?
7. WHAT SUBURBS AM I INTERESTED IN?
8. WHICH FACTORS AM I PREPARED TO NEGOTIATE ON?
9. DO I NEED PRE-APPROVAL?
10. HAVE I THOUGHT ABOUT THE RISKS?
11. WHAT GRANTS AND ASSISTANCE ARE AVAILABLE TO ME?